Plaswire Black- 1300m x 2.6mm
A safer alternative to Steel Fencing wire - 2.6mm Diameter X 2600 Meter Spool Black
Plaswire can be used in all fencing applications, and can be tensioned up - the product will not lose it’s tension and will not degrade in our harsh Australian weather conditions. Plaswire is extremely tough, far outweighing the mechanical resistance of steel wire.
Download Safety Data Sheet: Download PDF
• Safer than steel
• No rusting
• Easy and fast to install
• UV Guaranteed
• Lightweight, making installation faster
• Highly visible
• Non - Conductive
• Chemical resistant
• Animal and human friendly
Tensioning Plaswire correctly:
It is extremely important for plaswire to be strained 1% for both animal safety and for succesful trellising applications.
So 1 % of 100m fence line = 1m this will be too tight for animals to get tangled. So 500m = 5m strain another example - 860m fence or trellis = 8.6m strain.
How do i strain this 1% amount of strain required?
- Pull the Plaswire on the fence line by hand untill all sag is out, no looser, no tighter !
- Then measure back your 1m, 5m or whatevers your 1 % distance works out at while the Plaswire is being held straight by the rope strainer already in place and make a clear texter or tape mark on the line measured from the strainer post out towards the jaw of your ropt strainer.
- The using the rope strainer pull up the Plaswire tension until this mark or tape mark point is at your strainer post.
- Using and AN3 Casper anchor (or gripple if it holds, some do)pull the loose end of the plaswire through tightening it to the strainer post removing all slack behnd the strainer jaw.
- Release the rope strainer by further pulling the rope tail as if further tightening, this releases the internal mechanism and makes it easy to press the release tab which in turn alwas the rope to run back through relalseing the strainer from off the now tensioned Plaswire.
- Cut tail of the Plaswire at back end of Casper andchor strainer for a neat, no sharps finnish.